Bacon & Pea Cheesy Risotto: We love risotto in our family but we usually have the same one all the time, so when I saw this in the Good To Know recipe magazine I thought we should give this a try.
I really need to get better at taking food photos – with a photographer hubby you would think I would be, but granted when I make dinner it gets devoured immediately so I had to quickly snap a picture.
- 250g Arborio Risotto rice
- 200g Bacon Lardons
- 200g Frozen peas
- 45g Parmesan cheese
- 4 x Chicken stock cubes
- Mix up the chicken stock - I don't' know the exact amount but i fill a small pan full of boiling water with the stock cubes in.
- Melt a little bit of butter in a large pan and then add the risotto rice
- Add the stock small amount at a a time until the rice has soaked it up and is soft and cooked.
- In a small frying pan, fry the lardons for about 5 mins until golden, and cook the peas in the microwave.
- Once rice is cooked add the Parmesan cheese and stir well.
- Then add the bacon and peas give it another stir to mix well.
- This recipe was adapted from the Good to Know recipe magazine, they sprinkle the cheese on top and use pre-packet rice whereas we like to mix the cheese well into the mixture.